Oil-Dri products must be disposed of in compliance with local authority guidelines.
Because various fluids may be of a toxic or hazardous nature, Oil-Dri does not recommend individual disposal procedures but the following is a short, general guideline for all spills:
- All spills should be identified for their hazardous nature before being dealt with.
- Correct PPE should be used by personnel dealing with spills.
- Correct spill containment and absorption materials should be used.
- Spent materials should be placed in a waste disposal bag and appropriately marked to show the contents.
- The disposal bag should be sealed and an appropriate waster consignor should be used to dispose of the products.
- Used materials should be restocked as soon as possible.
Further technical help and advice is available by telephoning our sales office on 01945 581244.